Arsene Wenger hopes Arsenal's signing of Shkodran Mustafi 'will be done' before deadline
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Arsene Wenger has admitted he hopes Arsenal's signing of Shkodran Mustafi "will be done" before the transfer deadline.
Sky Germany reported in July that the Gunners had opened talks with Valencia to make the Germany international their new defensive signing.
Sky sources reported earlier this month that Mustafi had subsequently agreed to the move,
with negotiations ongoing over the transfer fee. Mustafi is valued at
around £30m but it is understood Arsenal are trying to negotiate less.
Premier League,Saturday 27th, 07:00am
Watford v Arsenal
Wenger was once again forced into a staunch defence of his transfer
policy on Saturday after calls from supporters to spend money following
the 0-0 draw at Leicester
And he told French TV station SFR Sport: "Mustafi? We hope it will be done He is one of a number of players we are looking at. Negotiations are ongoing."
Shkodran Mustafi has been with Valencia since 2014, signing from Sampdoria
Arsenal have had issues at centre-back since a long-term injury to Per Mertersacker ruled him out until the New Year and Gabriel Paulista is also ruled out for six weeks.
They
signed 20-year-old Englishman Rob Holding from Bolton and Wenger
praised his performance at the King Power Stadium, while Poland
youngster Krystian Bielik is also being developed as a centre-back.
But they want to add another experienced defender and former Everton
defender Mustafi has been with Valencia since 2014, when he transferred
from Sampdoria, and has made over 60 La Liga appearances.
Borussia Dortmund have fined Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for his masked celebration in the 1-1 derby draw at Schalke on Saturday, with the club telling ESPN FC: "We've had a good talk with Auba." Aubameyang, 27, opened the scoring at the weekend and celebrated by putting on a mask, later identified as being part of Nike's "The Masked Finisher" campaign. It was the second time in less than a month that the Gabon international has promoted the sponsor while playing for Dortmund, where rival sportswear company Puma is both a shareholder and the kit supplier. Dortmund said there would be talks with Aubameyang after Tuesday's 3-0 victory over Hamburg, in which the forward contributed one goal and set up another. "We've had a good talk with Auba," Dortmund media director Sascha Fligge told ESPN FC afterwards. Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc confirmed to kicker that the club have fined Aubameyang for his masked celebration, th...
Chelsea produced the worst title defence of any club in Premier League history in 2015-16, but who has been their silver lining in a difficult campaign? We are left scratching our heads to find the Player of the Season for Chelsea after a tepid campaign in which stars such as John Terry, Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas have failed to shine. The Blues were only one point above the relegation zone on December 17, and they subsequently sacked Jose Mourinho, who paid for a terrible run of nine defeats in 16 matches. They were knocked out of the Champions League by Paris Saint-Germain 4-2 on aggregate and Diego Costa's infamous red card saw them dumped out of the FA Cup to Everton in the quarter-final at Goodison Park. No silverware is in sight for the Stamford Bridge side, who finished the campaign with Guus Hiddink in charge. Picking three names from their worst season in 20 years is no easy task but these are three men who can hold their heads up high in ...
Christian Benteke scored what turned out to be the winning goal as Crystal Palace secured a shock 2-1 win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday in their Premier League clash. Cesc Fabregas had given the Blues an early lead in the 5th minute and many were expecting another routine win from the hosts but that was not the case as Palace gave an instant response though Wilfred Zaha who restored parity for the visitors in the 9th minute. Survival for Sam Allardyce's men got a big boost when two minutes after Zaha's equaliser, Benteke chipped in the ball to give Palace the lead that held on to till the final whistle. Antonio Conte named a strong starting XI; making two changes to the side that claimed a 2-1 victory at Stoke City before the international break, with a fit-again Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas both coming in alongside Diego Costa up front. Victor Moses was omitted due to a calf injury and Willian dropped to the bench, with N'Golo Kante, Pedro, Nemanja Mat...
Comments
Post a Comment